In addition to providing nutritious foods and education, WIC also provides referrals to other agencies. There are many resources in the community to help each family meet its needs. The programs mentioned below are located in Utah County or nearby.
If you do not find the help you need from the programs listed try searching www.unitedwayucv.org or call 211 for Utah County United Way information.
Scroll down to find useful education and employment resources. You will see each program’s name listed in bold. Click on the link to find information such as location, contact information, and program details.
Bereavement Support Group
Provides grief counseling for families who have lost a child or loved one. Monday 12:30 pm-1:30 pm.
BYU Comprehensive Clinic
Offers individual, couple, and family therapy/counseling for members of the community for a minimal cost. Typical assessment referral questions include:
- Assessment of functioning following brain trauma
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Intelligence Assessment
- Learning Disability
- …and most other psychological or emotional disorders.
Crisis Line of Utah County
Helps people through their current crisis and provides them with an agency referral for further assistance.
LDS Family Services
Provides the following services in order to strengthen individuals and families:
- Counseling families, couples, children and individuals
- Facilitating secure adoptions
- Providing consultation to LDS church leaders
Utah State Hospital- Mental Health Facilities
Provides the following services for children ages 6-12, adolescents, adults and geriatric population:
- Occupational Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Social services
Mental Health Services at UVU
Provides basic medical and counseling services for Utah Valley University students.
Vantage Point Youth Service
Vantage Point runs a crisis shelter for runaway and ungovernable youth. They also receive youth to stay for a limited time from the police who have no other place to go.
Vantage Point provides the following services for up to 60 days:
- Anger management group
- Crisis counseling
- Individual and family therapy
- Parent/adolescent issues group
- Substance abuse prevention/early intervention group
Wasatch Mental Health
Provides the following services:
- Crisis and emergency intervention
- Inpatient, residential, outpatient, day treatment and prevention for all types of mental or emotional problems
Wellness Recovery Clinic
This clinic provides free short-term mental health services for individuals who do not have medical insurance and meet income guidelines (150% of poverty level or below). Services include:
- Case management
- Group therapy
- Individual screening and intake evaluation
- Medication assistance
- Medication management
- Psychiatric evaluation