Sergeant John O'Hara
The mission of the Utah County Animal Services Department is to provide the citizens of Utah County with effective and cost efficient animal services by active enforcement of state and local laws, the humane sheltering and disposal of stray and unwanted animals, and the promotion of responsible pet ownership and animal welfare.
The primary objective of Animal Services employees is to provide quality service to the citizens while dedicating themselves to improving the co-existence of animals and humans.
Other objectives are to :
1. Maintain the highest quality of services to the community.
2. Relieve the pain and suffering of animals.
3. Promote responsible pet ownership.
4. Increase public awareness of animal issues.
5. Co-operation with Breed Rescue / Animal Welfare Organizations.
6. Continue training and education for management and staff.
Please visit http://northutahvalleyanimalshelter.org for more information regarding the North Utah Valley Animal Shelter which serves the communities of Alpine, American Fork, Cedar Hills, Eagle Mountain, Highland, Lehi, Lindon, Orem, Pleasant Grove and Saratoga Springs.
Please visit http://suvas.org for more information regarding the South Utah Valley Animal Shelter which serves the communities of Provo, Springville, Mapleton, Spanish Fork, Payson, Elk Ridge, Genola, Goshen, Salem, Santaquin and Woodland Hills.