April 30th from 10 am to 2pm at multiple locations throughout Utah County
PROVO, UTAH (March 24, 2011) -- Free "Prescription Drug Take Back Events" will be offered Saturday, April 30th from 10 am to 2 pm. By participating in this event, you can help reduce the availability of medications for abuse by properly disposing of unused medications.
Drop off locations include:
- American Fork: Fresh Market, 135 E Main
- Lehi: Fresh Market, 760 E Main
- Lindon: Walker's Convenience Store, 25 S State
- Orem: Macey's Food and Drug, 880 N. State Street
- Payson: Walgreens, 132 N. Main Street
- Pleasant Grove: Macey's Food and Drug, 931 W State Street
- Provo: Macey's Food and Drug, 1400 N. State Street
- Saratoga Springs: Walgreens, 1410 N Redwood Road
- Spanish Fork: Macey's Food and Drug, 187 East 1000 North
- Springville: Springville City Center, 110 S. Main
- Woodland Hills: 5 S Woodland Hills Dr (by the mailboxes)
Utah leads the nation in prescription drug abuse. Seventy percent of youth abusing pain relievers say they get them from friends or relatives, typically without their knowledge.
For more details, see either www.CleanOutTheCabinet.org or call 801-851-7181.
Medications will also be accepted at the April 9th Household Hazardous Waste Day event. For details, please see www.UtahCountyHealth.org/hhw.