Saturday, April 28th at locations county-wide
On April 28th from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. the Substance Misuse and Abuse Reduction Team (SMART) Coalition, local law enforcement, and other partners will give the public an opportunity to prevent pill abuse and theft by removing potentially dangerous expired, unused, and unwanted prescription drugs from their home medicine cabinets. Free to the public, this event helps safely dispose of unused medications to prevent misuse and protect the environment. Medications will be collected at locations throughout the county, including:
- Saratoga Springs Smith's, 1320 Redwood Rd
- Lehi Macey's, 760 E. Main St.
- American Fork Fresh Market, 135 E. Main St.
- Pleasant Grove Macey's, 931 W. State St.
- Lindon Tri City Medical Clinic, 275 W. 200 N.
- Orem Macey's, 880 N. State St.
- Provo Macey's, 1400 N. State St.
- Provo Smith's, 350 North Freedom Blvd.
- Springville Public Library, 45 S. Main St.
- Spanish Fork Macey's, 187 E. 1000 N.
- Payson Market, 586 N. Main St.
For more information, including permanent drop off locations, please see www.UseOnlyAsDirected.org or call 801-851-7181.
*** Please note, this is separate from the Household Hazardous Waste Day, which is also accepting prescription medications ***